Today is day 9 of the 15 day series Doing Christmas Differently. We are more than half way through and it is our prayer that this series has been a blessing during this Christmas season.
Social media sometimes gets a bad reputation. For Christmas – I want to suggest a way to be a blessing to Twitter users, which I lovingly refer to as my “Twamily”. Not too long ago I learned about a new way to be an effective prayer warrior for those Twitter users who were requesting prayer. (I can’t remember who shared this, if you know please tell me.) I want to share this prayer strategy that has brought excitement to my prayer life and connected me with the body of Christ on Twitter!
Got a Twitter account? Then you are all set! If not, sign up for one on www.twitter.com. (Follow us while you are there @kickhellout and @teshafritz)
- Log into twitter
- Click in the search box and type in #prayforme
- Pray for a few requests
- Respond with “Praying for you #dcd” (that way we can join you)
- Click on the search box and type in anything to get the next screen
- Click on the advanced search option on the left side of the screen at the bottom of the top box.
- Type in the phrase “pray for me” in the “this exact phrase” box
- Scroll down to the “near this place” box and enter a location (you can use your own location and bless your neighbors) – this step is optional
- You can also enter a date range so that the requests are recent. (this is also optional)
- This will populate lots of tweets – Let the Lord show you which tweets to respond to, and how to respond. (see the suggestion from Challenge 1)
You will be amazed at how appreciative every person will be for just taking the time to pray. Spend time in prayer for each request and let God work.
Christmas is about giving. The gifts of time and prayer are priceless! Bless someone on Twitter today! If you did either of the challenges, please use hashtag #dcd or leave a comment below. We want to hear your stories! YES!
WE CAN BLESS TWITTER FOR CHRISTMAS!
Invite your friends to take this challenge.
— TeshaFritz (@teshafritz) December 9, 2014
a Rafflecopter giveaway <————- Click Here for a chance to win. Subscribe to Freedom Pages!!!